“Welcome to the Capitol, freshmen”
The first week at the Iowa State Capitol was nothing short of interesting, informative, and very busy. I took part in committee meetings, met with fellow representatives from across the state, and took time to meet with Speaker Grassley on legislative priorities for our part of Iowa. I am thankful for this incredible opportunity and for my constituents who have entrusted me to represent them at the Iowa State Capitol.
Things I have learned:
• No two days are the same.
• COVID-19 has made being a legislator very different than past years.
• Have a legislative assistant who reminds you to go to lunch and not miss meetings.
Things I look forward to:
• Tackling issues in the coming weeks.
• Working with Republicans and Democrats on budget priorities.
• Proposing legislation to help move forward priorities for our district of Iowa.
Rep. Henry Stone